- Strong practical and theoretical foundation in applications of music and sound to stress and pain management and relaxation
- Use of musical styles from a variety of ethnic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds, including Spanish, Italian, Greek, Russian, Hebrew, and South Asian songs
- Have studied yoga philosophy and meditation techniques since 1986
St. John's University, Jamaica, NY
- Bachelor of Science - Music Performance and Theory, 1996
State University of New York, Empire State College, Old Westbury, NY
- Junior Black Belt, 1988
Y.H. Park Tae Kwon Do, East Meadow, NY
Studied philosophy, sociology, history, psychology, and practice of Korean system of discipline and martial arts.
- Have undertaken comprehensive, independent, informal study of the creative and healing principles of sound and mantra in the context of Eastern and Western spiritual philosophies.
- Have performed ongoing, in-depth personal studies of Eastern and Western spirituality, philosophies, and meditation techniques, with emphasis on the South Asian philosophies of Vedanta and Kashmir Shaivism.
Private Practice, Therapeutic Music since 1984
- Have provided, privately and through agencies such as Hospital Audiences, Inc., professional musical performances to clients in hospitals, nursing homes, addiction and recovery programs, AIDS and cancer care facilities, psychiatric hospitals, children's hospitals, homeless shelters, shelters for battered women, substance-abuse recovery facilities, physical and psychiatric rehabilitation centers, patients living with Alzheimer's disease, and physically challenged patients.
- In 1997, with music partner Kathy Lord, co-created Music That Heals, a project designed in collaboration with Hospital Audiences, Inc.
- Developed a workshop designed to prepare musicians to meet the needs of clients or audiences who are culturally diverse, or who have special physical and/or psychological needs or considerations.
- United Cerebral Palsy of New York (Jamaica, NY)
- The New York Foundling Home and Hospital (NYC)
- Creedmoor Psychiatric Center (Queens, NY)
- Columbia Presbyterian Hospital (NYC)
- Burke Rehabilitation Center (White Plains, NY)
- Jewish Guild for the Blind (NYC)
- Long Island Jewish Hospital (Parker Geriatric Center)
- GMHC of New York (NYC)
- Incarnation House ( NYC) - Infants and Children with HIV/AIDS
- Sinergía Family Center (NYC)
- Fluent in Spanish (written and spoken), working knowledge of French, reading ability in Portuguese, Italian, Greek.
- Member, American Mensa, since 1993.
| About | Donations
| 5k Race | Performances
In Collaboration with Hospital Audiences Inc.